5 Ways to Start Your Day for Success
Preparing to sell a dental practice can be a stressful process, however, there are several things that you can do to start your day that will alleviate a little bit of the stress you may be feeling. These five habits are shared by many successful people and are guaranteed to get your day off to a great start.
Here are five ways to start your day off productively:
- Take time to meditate or have quiet time – Even taking 5-10 minutes when you first wake up in the morning to just be still will bring tremendous benefits to both your stress levels and your productivity at work. Don’t check your phone, don’t scroll through social media – just wake up, sit up and if possible move to a different room and soak up the quiet and stillness of the early morning. Set a timer for 5-10 minutes and begin.
- Find a form of exercise that you enjoy – It can’t be said enough. Our bodies were not made to be still. By starting your day off with some movement, even something just as simple as a short walk, you have set your day up to be better. Exercise gets your endorphins (feel-good hormones) moving through your body and will put you in a better mood the rest of the day.
- Write down your thoughts – Take another 10-minute chunk of your morning to write down all that is on your mind. This can be a list of things to do that day, a time to reflect on a personal challenge you’re facing, or just free thought writing to clear the cobwebs before you start your day.
- Read something – Read a motivational or personal development book. Using another 10-minute block of time, read something that will keep you motivated and encouraged throughout the day.
- Eat a good breakfast – It’s true what they say. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eat a healthy breakfast with a good balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat to give you plenty of energy and mental clarity.
If you can do all five of these every morning, you will see amazing results including a reduction in your stress levels. However, even taking just one of the suggestions and doing it daily will have a positive impact on your day. These tips are especially valuable if you’re going through a dental practice transition.